Office of Institutional 多样性, Equity and Access (IDEA)
The Office of Institutional 多样性, Equity and Access (I.D.E.A.) operates in a compliance function to address the institutional good faith efforts at providing a working and learning environment that is welcoming of diversity and forestalls illegal discrimination and illegal harassment. Applicants for employment, employees and prospective and enrolled students of the university are protected against discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status or disability.
Our Primary Activities
Our office serves the entire University community by engaging in nine primary activities:
- Assessing potential risks and missteps associated with an array of internal policies as they pertain to the principles of non-discrimination
- Enhancing awareness of and sensitivity toward diversity and inclusion, including work with institutional and wider community affinity groups
- Assisting units in operationalizing the institutional diversity 计划 in their units
- Monitoring the diversity representation at the institution
- Educating (including providing training) students, faculty and staff about their rights and responsibilities with respect to the prevention of illegal harassment and illegal discrimination, equal opportunity laws, policies, valuing diversity, prevention of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct and other related topics
- Investigating, processing and assisting to resolve illegal discrimination and illegal harassment complaints
- Facilitating and monitoring compliance with federal and state laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and institutional non-discrimination policies and 程序
- Working with employees, prospective employees and patrons with disabilities to assist with accessibility and reasonable accommodation needs
- Coordinating the data capture and development of the institutional affirmative action 计划
The Office of IDEA actively works with the University to remove (actual and perceived) obstacles and barriers to access to the institution driven by acts of alleged illegal discrimination and harassment.
- Student-to-Student Illegal Discrimination Allegations
- Student-to-Employee or Employee-to-Employee Illegal Discrimination Allegations
Murray State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (囊COC) to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, educational specialist and doctorate degrees. Murray State University also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. 问题 about the accreditation of Murray State University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling 404.679.4500, or by using information available on 囊COC's website. Normal inquiries such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, 等., should be addressed directly to Murray State University.
注意: The Office of Equal Opportunity transitioned to the Office of Institutional 多样性, Equity and Access effective July 1, 2013. All references within campus-wide documents to the Office of Equal Opportunity should be considered analogous to the Office of Institutional 多样性, Equity and Access.